While New York City can be an exciting place to be during the winter season, the hustle and bustle of the Big Apple can deplete our energy. If you and your sweetheart find yourselves in need of a quiet and relaxing escape from the city, we have you covered! Greenwich, CT is located just an hour from NYC and boasts a wide array of romantic activities. You’ll feel so rejuvenated that the only thing you’ll have to worry about is when to come back! Below are our favorite things to do during the ultimate winter weekend getaway from NYC for couples. For more of our best local suggestions:
Things to Do During a Winter Weekend Getaway From NYC for Couples
Enjoy a Taste of Local Wine
This activity is a very popular date night idea! It gives you the chance to escape the cold for a little while as you get a taste of the region’s best wines. Greenwich, CT, area wineries make for a perfect backdrop as you sip your favorite selection and enjoy sunset views. While it’s impossible to select our absolute favorite winery, here are just a few of our top picks:
Explore Local Museums and Art Galleries
In the Greenwich area, you’ll discover some of New England’s most fascinating museums and art galleries. As you explore them, you and your sweetheart will learn something new. Admire unique artifacts while staying warm and cozy indoors! Here are some nearby museum suggestions that you won’t want to miss:
- Brant Foundation Art Study Center
- Maritime Aquarium
- Stamford Museum and Nature Center
- Hudson River Museum.
Treat Yourselves to a Delicious Meal
Did you know that Greenwich, CT is home to a total of 861 full-service restaurants? That said, there are more than enough options for a romantic meal out on the town! Whether you’re searching for a casual bite to eat or a fine-dining experience, you’ll find exactly what you crave here in Greenwich. Here are some of the best local restaurants perfect for date night:
- L’Escale Restaurant: A waterfront restaurant featuring delicious Mediterranean cuisine.
- Harvest Wine and Bar: A fine-dining spot that serves the freshest farm-to-table dishes. You’ll also love L’Escale’s extensive, global wine list.
- Elm Street Oyster House: Famous for its marble bar and flavorful seafood, the Oyster House is one of Greenwich’s most beloved restaurants.
Embark on a Romantic Dinner and Cocktail Cruise
Take dinner a step further and create an experience that will make all of your friends jealous! Greenwich Boat Charters provides a dinner and cocktail cruise that guides you along the harbor at sunset. Many guests bring their own meal or have a caterer deliver their dinner for them! However, the boat charter will also supply your meal for you if that is preferable. You may also choose to enjoy your meal on board or take it with. We recommend taking it and picnicking at a quiet, peaceful cove.
Indulge in a Spa Day
There’s nothing more romantic—especially in the winter—than enjoying a spa trip with your significant other. Luckily, Stanton House Inn, the most romantic B&B in Greenwich, is within walking distance of fantastic spas. A few of our favorite spas in Greenwich, CT include Serenity Spa and Dream Day Spa.
Enjoy a Theater Date Night
There are plenty of opportunities to see a show or other cultural attraction in Greenwich and around town! Take a look below and find the one that best suits you and your sweetheart:
- Capitol Theatre: Located just over the border in Port Chester, NY, Capitol Theatre makes for a perfect date night. We recommend walking over to the Greenwich Train Station, riding over to Port Chester, and attending a show. You won’t even need a car!
- Curtain Call: Another fantastic romantic evening activity in winter in Connecticut is seeing a show at Curtain Call in Stamford. This community theater can put many of New York City’s shows to shame!
- Palace Theater: Another Stamford attraction. Palace Theater makes for an amazing date night activity. This theater hosts plenty of shows throughout the year and is a quick drive away from Stanton House Inn.
Searching for the best place to take your better half this winter? Look no further than Stanton House Inn in Greenwich! This historic landmark is just a quick train ride away from The City, but feels worlds away. Our family-owned inn‘s lush grounds, historic details, and cozy accommodations will take your sweetheart’s breath away. Each of our 20 gorgeous guest rooms offers an abundance of amenities and a romantic setting you won’t find anywhere else.
We are also proud to offer a Romance Package just for couples! This exclusive offer enhances romantic weekend getaways from NYC for couples with a bottle of champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries. It’s the perfect addition to the pastoral, romantic escape of your dreams!