If you and your sweetheart find yourselves in need of a quiet and relaxing escape from the city, even for just a weekend, we’ve got you covered! Greenwich, CT is located just an hour from NYC and boasts a wide array of activities for the two of you to enjoy this winter. You’ll feel so rejuvenated and connected that the only thing you’ll have to worry about when you return home is when you’ll come back! Here are our suggestions for some of the best things to do during your winter weekend getaways from NYC for couples.
Planning winter weekend getaways from NYC for couples? Be sure to download your free copy of our exclusive Greenwich Vacation Guide. It’s filled with all the best recommendations for things to do during your vacation including attractions, activities, entertainment, and more.
6 of the Most Romantic Things to Do During Your Winter Weekend Getaways From NYC For Couples
Enjoy a Taste of Local Wines
This activity is a very popular date night idea! It gives you the chance to escape the cold for a little while as you get a taste of the region’s best wines. The lovely vineyard settings also make the perfect backdrop as you sip on your favorite selections and enjoy the sunset views. While it’s impossible to select our absolute favorite winery, here are just some of our top picks that we’re sure you’ll love!
Explore Local Museums and Art Galleries
In and around Greenwich, you’ll find some of New England’s most fascinating museums and art galleries. As you explore them, you and your sweetheart will have the chance to learn something new and admire unique artifacts while staying warm and cozy inside. Here are some nearby museum suggestions that you won’t want to miss.
- Brant Foundation Art Study Center
- Maritime Aquarium
- Stamford Museum and Nature Center
- Hudson River Museum
Treat Yourselves to a Delicious Meal
Did you know that Greenwich, CT is home to a total of 861 full-service restaurants? With that in mind, you’ll know that you have more than enough options for a romantic meal out on the town. Whether you’re searching for a casual bite or a more elegant fine dining experience, you’re sure to find exactly what you need to delight your palate. Here are some of our personal favorite local restaurants that are ideal for couples.
- L’Escale Restaurant: This waterfront restaurant features a menu of delicious Mediterranean cuisine.
- Harvest Wine and Bar: Serving only the freshest farm-to-table dishes, this fine restaurant also features an extensive wine menu featuring selections from around the world.
- Elm Street Oyster House: Famous for its marble bar and flavorful seafood, the Oyster House is one of Greenwich’s most beloved gem restaurants.
Embark on a Romantic Dinner and Cocktail Cruise
Take dinner a step further and create an experience that will make all of your friends jealous! Greenwich Boat Charters provides a dinner and cocktail cruise that guides you along the harbor just as the sun begins to set. Many guests bring their own meal or have a caterer deliver their dinner for them! However, the boat charter will also supply your meal for you if that is preferable. You may also choose to enjoy your meal onboard or take it to-go until you reach a quiet, peaceful cove. The choice is all up to you!
Indulge in a Spa Day
There’s nothing more romantic (especially in the winter) than enjoying a trip to the spa with your significant other. While the Stanton House Inn does not have a spa on our premises, we are luckily within walking distance of fantastic day spas on Greenwich Avenue and downtown. A few of our favorite spas in Greenwich, CT include Serenity Spa and Dream Day Spa.
A Night at the Theater
There are plenty of opportunities to see a show or other cultural attraction in Greenwich and around town! Take a look at some of the most popular and find the one that is best suited to what you and your significant other enjoy.
- Capitol Theatre: This is actually just over the border in Port Chester, NY, but it’s within easy reach of guests at the Stanton House Inn. In fact, you and your significant other could walk to the Greenwich Train Station, ride over to Port Chester, attend a show, then repeat the trip back without the need for a car.
- Curtain Call: Another fantastic romantic evening activity in winter in Connecticut is Curtain Call in Stamford.This community theater can put many of New York City’s professional shows to shame!
- Palace Theater: Another Stamford attraction with plenty of shows throughout the year for a fun evening activity, the Palace Theatre is easy to reach from the Stanton House Inn.
Enjoy Romantic Winter Weekend Getaways on the East Coast at the Stanton House Inn
The Stanton House Inn is a historic landmark and a convenient choice for romantic weekend getaways in CT. Featuring 20 gorgeous guest rooms, our romantic inn is the perfect alternative to other local romantic hotels. We also offer an abundance of amenities and a romantic setting you won’t find in typical accommodations.
We are also proud to offer a Romance Package just for couples! This exclusive offer enhances romantic weekend getaways from NYC with a bottle of champagne and chocolate-dipped strawberries waiting for you in your room. It’s the perfect addition to the romantic escape of your dreams.
Check our availability today and book the getaway you two will be talking about for years to come!