Foodies, get your forks ready! From authentic Greek eateries to popular pizza spots, there are countless restaurants in Stamford, CT, that will make your tastebuds sing. Just a short drive from the Stanton House Inn in Greenwich, visitors have options that range from casual dining to four-star fare, and with so much to choose from, it’s hard to decide where to have dinner next! That’s why we’ve compiled a list of some of the best restaurants in the area, to help you get to know the eclectic cuisine of Stamford – one bite at a time. And be sure to see our top recommendations for the best restaurants in downtown Greenwich, CT, as well.
Some of Our Favorite Restaurants in Stamford, CT
- The Fez: Boasting one of the best happy hours in the area, The Fez is an ideal location for great drinks and even better food. The menu features a large selection of vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free dishes, in addition to bold and flavorful Mediterranean meals like kebabs, pizzets, small plates, and more.
- Barcelona Wine Bar: Located in the heart of downtown Stamford on Summer Street, this award-winning Spanish tapas restaurant is one of the area’s favorite attractions. Their flavor-filled dishes pair perfectly with a glass of wine and the exciting, eclectic energy of the city.
- Fin Japanese Restaurant: In the mood for sushi? This restaurant on Main Street has you covered. Guests can enjoy fresh-made specialty rolls, maki, and sashimi, as well as classic Japanese fare like dim sum, noodle bowls, and rice dishes.
- Villa Italia Ristorante: If you’re looking for Italian restaurants in Stamford, CT, Villa Italia is the place to go. This family-run eatery serves up authentic, from-scratch dishes that are sure to make your mouth water. Guests can enjoy everything from fresh seafood dishes and brick oven pizza to classic specials like chicken marsala and eggplant parm. Mangia!
- Cafe Silvium: Another great option for Italian eats is Cafe Silvium, owned and operated by 30-year Stamford residents Nick and Vincenzo Petrafesa. The elegant and cozy cafe offers traditional Italian meals made with recipes from the brothers’ hometown of Gravina Di Puglia, Bari, Italy.
- Napa & Co.: Established in 2006, Napa & Co. strives to embody the energy of Napa Valley, California. Here, guests can expect fresh, quality wine country cuisine that’s made with organic and locally-grown ingredients. The restaurant also features an award-winning wine program which offers over 300 bottles and 50 wines by the glass.
- The Capital Grille: Open for both lunch and dinner in Stamford Town Square, the Capital Grille offers masterfully prepared steakhouse fare, including dry-aged steaks, fresh seafood, and more. Be sure to try their dangerously decadent lobster mac and cheese – yes, it’s as incredible as it sounds!
- Madonia Restaurant: This Mediterranean eatery was named after a beautiful mountain range in Italy and is the inspiration of Chef Enzo Bruno, who was born in Calabria, Italy. Madonia’s ever-changing menu features cuisine from Italy, France, and Spain with an emphasis on fresh, seasonal ingredients.
- Remo’s Brick Oven Pizza: There’s nothing better than biting into a piece of ooey, gooey, wood-fired pizza, and Remo’s in Stamford doesn’t disappoint. This joint offers old-world style pies as well as classic pizzeria favorites like handcrafted salads, fried calamari, and fresh-baked bread. Yum!
- EOS Greek Cuisine: At EOS, the restaurant itself is just as beautiful as the food. The building’s clean lines and blue accents mimic the waters of the Mediterranean and transport you to another world. Guests can enjoy an authentic Greek experience that includes pita wraps, fresh salads, and many meze options. They even offer take-out and delivery!
- Casa Villa: Casa Villa offers a blend of authentic Mexican cuisine in a relaxed atmosphere that’s perfect for a casual night out. From the moment you enter the restaurant, you’ll be greeted by the mouthwatering aromas of tortillas, fresh cheeses, and juicy meats. Margarita, anyone?
- Harlan Social: Opened in August of 2012, this sleek gastropub and wine bar offers unique and seasonal menus that showcase robust American flavors. The restaurant is open for dinner, lunch, and brunch and has an extensive wine list and yummy signature cocktails.
- Navaratna: Vegeterians, rejoice! Navaratna specializes in the cuisine of North and South India, where cooks typically use rich spices and aromatic herbs to create decadent meals made with veggies, lentils, and rice. Be sure to try their hot and spicy curries and special house dosa (savory pancakes).
- Olio: Olio Restuarant is located on Hope Street in Stamford and features new American cuisine at an affordable price. The food is also sourced from top quality purveyors and includes a variety of local and organic products. Guests visiting for supper can choose to enjoy homemade pastas, roasted organic meats, seasonal seafood dishes, and more.
- Tigin Irish Pub: Grab a Guinness and get ready for a delicious meal at Tigin Irish Pub! This Irish eatery goes beyond typical pub grub and offers an array of tavern favorites, all made from scratch. From shepherds pie to corned beef and cabbage, you’ll find your favorite Celtic classics here.
Keeping Exploring More Things to Do
Now that you have your evening planned in Stamford, keep reading to find all our favorite attractions, activities, and things to do in Stamford and Greenwich.
Photo Credit: tycoon751 | Thinkstock