Just a brief train, boat, or car ride from New York City, you will find the quaint and historic New England town of Greenwich, CT.
Overflowing with charm, natural beauty, and things to do, you’ll find that this small Connecticut town is the perfect romantic getaway you’ve always dreamed of.
Already packing your bags?
Here are just some of the best things for the two of you to discover during your escape from NYC to Greenwich, CT!
Get our free NYC to Greenwich, CT, checklist for all of the top things to do, see, and eat while you’re here.
How to Get from NYC to Greenwich, CT?
While the drive from Manhattan to Greenwich is an hour by car, we highly recommend taking the train. A visit to Greenwich, CT, is only about an hour train ride from New York City at Grand Central Terminal. The Greenwich Train Station is wonderfully convenient to downtown Greenwich. It’s also a half-hour walk or 5-minute cab ride from the Stanton House Inn.
4 of the Best Things to Do During a NYC to Greenwich, CT Vacation
Explore Greenwich Point Park
This former waterfront estate is now the most popular beach in Greenwich! You will find something to enjoy in this beautiful park all year round. Whether it be soaking in the sun on the long sand beaches or exploring the miles upon miles of walking trails, the opportunities for a good time are innumerable. Some points of the park even reveal gorgeous views of the New York City skyline!
Visit the Historic Sites
Greenwich is a city built upon hundreds of years of rich past. Take a journey through time and experience significant sites that played a role in America’s history.
- Putnam Cottage: The tavern in which Revolutionary War General, Israel Putnam, began his ride to evade the British.
- The Glass House: Philip Johnson’s homemade completed with glass walls. This was the house that ushered the International Style into American architecture.
- Washington Irving’s Sunnyside: This romantic riverside home was the residence of America’s first internationally famous author, Washington Irving. Your tour of the home and grounds will give you an exclusive look at day-to-day life during the 1800’s and how Irving reflected his views on nature through the garden.
Get Wild at the Beardsley Zoo in Bridgeport
As the only zoo in the entire state of Connecticut, the Beardsley Zoo is a must during your stay! You’ll make the acquaintance of a number of fascinating animals including monkeys, prairie dogs, wolves, and even llamas! In addition to wildlife viewing, the zoo also offers guests a wide array of other attractions. Take a ride on the popular carousel, enjoy a romantic meal in the Picnic Grove, or shop for souvenirs at the gift shop!
Attend a Local Festival
No matter what time of year you visit, there is always something happening in Greenwich! Here are just some of the area’s most popular events that you definitely won’t want to miss during your getaway.
- Art to the Avenue (Spring)
- Greenwich International Film Festival (Summer)
- Shakespeare on the Sound (Summer)
- Norwalk Oyster Festival (Fall)
- Greenwich Wine and Food Festival (Fall)
- Greenwich Reindeer Festival Holiday Stroll (Winter)
Stay in Connecticut’s Most Romantic Bed and Breakfast During Your NYC to Greenwich, CT Getaway
Our historic mansion is located in the heart of Greenwich and surrounds visitors in historic charm and romantic gardens. The cozy and beautiful accommodations are enough to make any other Greenwich hotel green with envy. Guests are also treated to a complimentary breakfast each morning, access to exclusive packages and specials, and convenience to all of their favorite Greenwich attractions. Plan the romantic getaway of a lifetime and book with Stanton House Inn today! Don’t forget to download our free Greenwich Vacation Guide, which has already helped over 1,000 people plan the perfect vacation!