Weekends in Greenwich are full of possibilities for fun and enjoyment. One local tradition that has been going on for more than 20 years is the Greenwich Farmers Market. Each Saturday Morning the Arch Street parking lot transforms into a producers-only market with fresh goods from local farmers and artisans. Spending the morning at the open air market is more than just an opportunity to get fresh local products, but it’s also a way to get to know the people that make the Greenwich community great. So no matter what you’re looking for, you’ll find something you love at the Greenwich Farmers market.
The Greenwich Farmers Market
The Greenwich Farmers Market has been a tradition for over 20 years. The farmers market takes place each Saturday from 9:30 am until 1:00 pm. The market is located at the Arch Street Parking Lot. The Greenwich Farmers Market is a proud producers-only market, meaning that all the vendors produce their own products and they aren’t sourced from other places. From fresh fruits, vegetables, and greens to prepared foods and cheeses, you’ll find it all at the Greenwich Farmers market.
Vendors at the Greenwich Farmers Market
- Farming 101, Newtown, CT – Heirloom Tomatoes
- Four Mile River Farm, Old Lyme, CT – beef, pork, prepared foods
- Beltane Farm, Lebanon, CT – goat cheeses
- The Herb Basket, LLC – jams, preserves, gift boxes
- Moorefield Herb Farm, LLC, Trumbull, CT – herbs, succulents, plants
- On the Rocks Farm – poultry and eggs
- Oxen Hill Farm – USDA certified organic vegetables: potatoes, brussel sprouts, kale, cabbages, farm fresh eggs and more.
- Pepe’s Cream of the Crop, LLC – clams, shellfish, chowder 203-521-6004
- Plasko’s Farm, LLC, Trumbull, CT -produce, apple cider donuts
- Riverbank Farm – certified organic produce and prepared foods
- Roses for Autism – Over 12 varieties of roses, three varieties of lilies, and Gerbera Daisies grown year-round in our glass greenhouse.
- Sankow’s Beaver Brook Farm – lamb, chicken, cheese, prepared foods
- Smith Acres Farm – fresh produce
- Sugar Maple Farm – maple products, honey, horseradish
- Two Guys from Woodbridge – salad greens, microgreens, edible flowers. email:
- Woodland Farm – peaches, plums, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, donut peaches, nectarines
Old Greenwich Farmers Market
If you want to get a farmers market fix during the week the Old Greenwich Farmer’s Market is open on Wednesdays from 2:30 to 6:30 pm. This market is located at the Presbyterian Church of Old Greenwich parking lot on 38 west Avenue in Old Greenwich. At the Old Greenwich Farmer’s market, you’ll find vegetables, fruit, meat, cheese, herbs, plants, jams, cut flowers, eggs, artisan bread, and so much more. Like the Greenwich Farmers Market, this market is a wonderful place to find amazing locally produced goods.
When you’re making plans to visit on of the area farmers markets, be sure you make your accommodation arrangements at the Stanton House Inn. Our rooms and suites offer timeless elegance and modern amenities for a truly comfortable stay. You’ll enjoy unwinding on our Greenwich bed and breakfast property, which includes a swimming pool and many outdoor places to relax and renew your spirit. So get away from it all when you come to Greenwich. We’ll make sure your stay is everything you want it to be. See you soon!