There’s nothing better than planning an awesome family vacation, but sometimes it can be difficult to find activities that everyone will love. One person will want to be outside, another will beg to stay indoors, and the list goes on and on. Luckily, there are countless family activities in CT that are guaranteed to bring everyone together! From fun weekend festivals to exciting sports games, you’re sure to find an event or attraction that will satisfy every member of your clan. Check out some of our favorites!
The Top 5 Family Activities in CT
- Beardsley Zoo: Located in Bridgeport, CT, Beardsley is the only zoo in the state of Connecticut and features over 300 animals including big cats, barn animals, reptiles, and birds. The zoo also offers annual events, educational programs, and a Peacock Cafe where guests can stop and have lunch. Be sure to bring the kids for a spin on the colorful indoor carousel before you leave!
- The Maritime Aquarium: Dubbed the best family attraction in New England, this nationally recognized aquarium focuses on the fascinating marine life native to the Long Island Sound, including sharks, seals, river otters, sea turtles, and thousands of other animals. The Aquarium also offers public cruises out onto the Sound, special exhibits, and Connecticut’s largest IMAX movie theater.
- SportsCenter of Connecticut: With a wide variety of attractions like an 18-hole mini golf course, laser tag arena, interactive bowling alley, arcade, and baseball batting cages, the SportsCenter of Connecticut is one of the most fun places for kids. Families can challenge each other to a bowling game or mini golf match, or enjoy a few laps around the double-decker ice skating arena, the only ice rink of it’s kind in the world!
- Stamford Museum & Nature Center: Just a short drive from our inn, the Stamford Museum is the perfect place to spend a summer day and has a working farm, a museum and gallery, an interactive nature center, and tons of outdoor trails. The kids will especially love Heckscher Farm where they can pet and romp around with dozens of adorable farm animals. Be sure to check the museum’s schedule for seasonal exhibits and weekend events.
- Bridgeport Sound Tigers: For some indoor fun, root for the home team at a Bridgeport Tigers game! This professional ice hockey team is an AHL affiliate of the New York Islanders and plays at the Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, CT. You and your family can munch on eats like hot dogs, hamburgers, pizza, and other arena favorites while watching an exciting game that will have you cheering from the stands. Go Tigers!
Come Home to the Stanton House Inn
Whether you choose to take a relaxing stroll through the aquarium or enjoy an afternoon of outdoor recreation, we guarantee these family activities in CT will leave you with wonderful memories you’ll never forget! Before you start planning your trip, be sure to request a copy of our free vacation guide, then book your stay at the Stanton House Inn. Located in the heart of Greenwich, our inn has everything you and your family will need including comfortable rooms and suites, delicious breakfast options, and a large pool to enjoy in the summer. We can’t wait to see you soon!
Thinking about relocating to Connecticut?
Check out our blog about the best private schools in Greenwich, CT!