Home to a multitude of acclaimed colleges and universities, Westchester, New York is an ideal location for a higher education. Whether you’re looking to go into business, the arts, or are still unsure of your academic endeavors, this beautiful area has something for everyone. With a close proximity to the city, you’ll have the unique opportunity to enhance your education and work experience right in the Big Apple, while still enjoying the quieter atmosphere of a suburb. Plus, when you stay at the Stanton House Inn, you’ll be just a short drive from the best colleges in Westchester, NY, and can spend a day touring the campuses to find your perfect home-away-from-home!
The Top Colleges in Westchester, NY List
- Manhattanville College: This 100-acre, picturesque campus is located in a safe and scenic community in Westchester County and is just 30 minutes away from Manhattan, which provides students with many cultural experiences and internship opportunities. They offer 45 undergraduate majors and minors.
- Sarah Lawrence College: A prestigious, co-educational institution, Sarah Lawrence is consistently ranked among the leading liberal arts colleges in the country and is known for its pioneering approach to education and vibrant, successful alumni. The historic campus is located on 44 wooded acres in Yonkers, NY, and is home to an intelligent and diverse community.
- The College of Westchester: Since 1915, The College of Westchester has focused on the career success of its students. Their academic programs help students master the skills most desired by employers and lead to a lifetime of achievement and success.
- Mercy College: Mercy College is a four-year private institution that is situated in the beautiful Hudson River village of Dobbs Ferry. They offer 90+ degrees and certificates in dozens of major disciplines and have one of the lowest private college tuition rates in the nation, and the lowest in New York State.
- Berkeley College: One of the best colleges in White Plains, NY, Berkeley is located in the heart of the city’s business district and provides interaction between the College and the community. Over 8,000 students study at Berkeley’s campuses and online.
- The College of New Rochelle: Since 1904, this institution has been providing students with a rigorous academic experience and extensive preparation for a successful career. The College is comprised of four schools: the all-women School of Arts & Sciences, the School of Nursing, the Graduate School, and the School of New Resources for adult learners.
- SUNY Empire State College: The Hudson Valley region of this SUNY enrolls 1,200 students annually in three locations serving nine counties, and is home to almost 6,000 alumni, many of whom are leaders in education, finance, and the arts.
- SUNY Purchase College: This four-year public university is only 5 miles from the Stanton House Inn and was listed in 2009 as one of the 100 Top Best Value Colleges. The arts are very important at this school, as demonstrated by their Performing Arts Center and the Neuberger Museum of Art.
- Pace University: This college in Briarcliff has been providing high-quality education since 1906. A private university, Pace has campuses in New York City and Westchester County, enrolling almost 13,000 students in bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programs.
- Monroe College: Like most higher-education schools, the goal of this college is to provide men and women with the keys to a successful future. Monroe offers quality education that integrates classroom learning with real-world experience and has a range of certificate, associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degree programs.
Stay at the Stanton House Inn
Ater you’ve visited some of the best colleges in Westchester, NY, head back to our comfortable Greenwich bed and breakfast and enjoy a restful night’s sleep. Our serene grounds provide a tranquil atmosphere that will help you unwind before making one of the biggest (and best!) decisions of your life!
Photo Credit: g-stockstudio | Thinkstock