Whether you’re craving a juicy steak or a giant bowl of homemade pasta, the best restaurants in Greenwich, CT, have something for everyone. From fine dining on the waterfront to comfort food classics at casual taverns, you can enjoy a different culinary experience each time you order. Plus, when you stay at the Stanton House Inn, you’ll be just steps away from all of the best places to get your grub on! Here is our ultimate Greenwich dining guide, complete with mouth-watering meals that will make you want to come back again the next night.
Be sure to download our free Greenwich, CT, travel guide for all our recommendations on the best restaurants in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Top 15 Best Restaurants in Greenwich, CT
- Barcelona Wine Bar: Since 2001, this sophisticated and lively restaurant has been one of the area’s most popular hotspots. Guests at Barcelona Wine Bar can enjoy cocktails, wines by the glass, and beer that complement the menu’s scrumptious Spanish tapas dishes. Perfect for sharing, this restaurant is a wonderful place to bring friends or your special someone.
- L’Escale: This waterfront eatery draws diners into the beauty of Greenwich Harbor, with extensive outdoor seating and an ambiance that captures the essence of Southern France. A wood burning fireplace, sunset views, and 200-year-old stone flooring are the perfect backdrop to a delicious and authentic French meal at L’Escale.
- Morello Italian Bistro: Guests can enjoy exceptional Italian comfort food with a modern twist at Morello Italian Bistro. Feel free to indulge in traditional favorites like spaghetti carbonara, eggplant parmigiana, veal Milanese, and more. Mangia!
- Thai Basil: The team at Thai Basil starts early and prepares classical Thai cuisine using the tastiest and freshest ingredients. Scarf down a big bowl of pad thai, indulge with a spicy curry dish, or pucker up with a sweet and sour stir fry.
- CHAR Restaurant: Serving up unique eats like zucchini “linguine”, roasted venison, and traditional jambalaya, CHAR Restaurant has something for everyone to enjoy. The building itself is also special and features wood flooring from Alabama, light fixtures from Long Island, and antique pine cabinetry.
- Mediterraneo Restaurant: Seafood lovers, rejoice! Mediterraneo Restaurant has everything from yellowfin tuna and Prince Edward Island Mussels to pan-roasted sea bass and grilled Atlantic salmon. You’re sure to get your fix of the salty sea at this restaurant. From its elegant ambiance to its delicious entrees, a meal at Mediterraneo is worth enjoying simply to see why this eatery has such fantastic staying power!
- Gabriele’s Italian Steakhouse: This quintessential steakhouse in Fairfield County brings together America’s two favorite cuisines under one roof. The menu of Gabriele’s Italian Steakhouse is a contemporary take on classic Italian and steakhouse fare, with meats that are hand selected, generously seasoned, and prepared with a custom built broiler that sears each cut to perfection.
- Douro Restaurant & Bar: In the fall of 2009, Chef Rui Correia began to showcase his native Portuguese cuisine with the opening of this restaurant in Greenwich. Douro is named after the region Chef Rui was born, and features his new world menu of an old world cuisine.
- Asiana Cafe: For all things sushi, head to Asiana and delight in classic Chinese, Thai, and Japanese favorites. During the summer, guests can experience wonderful outdoor patio dining, or can rent a private party room for special events throughout the year.
- Elm Street Oyster House: Located right off Greenwich Avenue, this critically acclaimed seafood restaurant features six different oysters daily in addition to their mouthwatering signature dishes. Paired with an extensive wine list, Elm Street Oyster House gives guests the chance to have the perfect bite every time.
- The Ginger Man: A burger at the Ginger Man on Greenwich Avenue is one of the best burgers to be found in town. That being said, they always have some new and innovative dishes on their menu. They also feature one of the most extensive beer lists on the Avenue!
- The National: A new addition to the Greenwich restaurant scene by famed chef-restaurateur Geoffrey Zakarian, the National is getting wonderful reviews as an American cafe with a focus on first-rate seasonal ingredients, hardwood grilling, and craft cocktails in an inviting location.
- Versailles Bistro & Patisserie: This restaurant has been a presence on Greenwich Avenue for several decades. A casual alternative to the formal style of French dining in the area (the most famous being Jean-Louis, which closed last spring), Bistro Versailles offered authentic French pastries and cuisine with a charming bistro-style decor. It was (and still is), without question, one of the best French restaurants in Greenwich, CT.
- Harvest Restaurant: This wine bar near Mediterraneo, Douro, and the National has an exceptional Brussel sprout salad, but their food and wine selection can’t be beat.
Sleep it Off at the Stanton House Inn
We hope you’re hungry, because these eateries are sure to satisfy even the pickiest palate! After a day of wonderful indulging, come back to peace and serenity at our beautiful Greenwich, CT, accommodations and enjoy a restful night’s sleep in one of our comfortable rooms or suites. Wake up to a savory, satisfying breakfast the next morning and you’ll be ready to continue your culinary adventure in Greenwich!