Room 3 is the original Billiards Room of Stanton House Inn when our historic mansion was a private home.
It was converted to a bedroom when the Inn became a hotel, and has been popular ever since.
Room 3 is a patio level room with a queen-size bed. The room features a private outside entrance with petite patio, refrigerator, and spacious bathroom.
From Billiard Room to Bedroom: Room 3’s Story
Historically, the Billiards Room was where men would retire after dinner on social occasions. Once there, they’d smoke, chat, and play pool.
Innkeeper Colin wanted to honor the history of the room when we updated this room. While at the Elephant’s Trunk flea market, he discovered an old Pepsi advertisement mirror from the early 1900s. We designed the room’s update around that antique piece.
The room’s update included several refurbished and up-cycled pieces to limit our environmental impact, such as the very comfortable old leather chair and ottoman.
The room is surrounded on three sides by the same beautiful wainscoting that survived the many different lives of the Seaman-Brush House (Stanton House Inn’s official name). At the center of the room is a beautiful fireplace, the largest in the House. It now serves as a holder for an Electra-flame fireplace.
Some of Colin’s other favorite touches in this room include:
- The dark colored beams above the bedroom area
- The beautiful fireplace at the center of the room
- The small patio that looks out towards the western gardens
- The spacious bathroom with brass fixtures to contrast with the grays, whites, and blacks of the walls and countertop
- Cable television
- Air Conditioning
- Hair dryers
- Telephones with Voicemail
- Alarm-clock radios
- VCR/DVD players (upon request)
- Flat screen TV
- Electra-flame fireplace
- Same-day Valet
- Concierge Service (during Front Desk hours)